- To determine the level of compactness of soil
The soil is the plant’s reservoir of water, nutrients and oxygen. Compacted soil has less pore space to store what the plant needs. Soil compaction prevents moisture penetration, reduces fertilizer and chemical uptake, creates conditions for anaerobic microbes to build up and hinders plant root growth. In some cases, yield losses can run as high as 30% due to compaction alone.
• Two type of soil compaction meter analog & digital and digital display with data logger
• For analog meter take rading up to 24” (60cm) depth
• For digital display with data logger take readings upto 18”(45cm)
• Records 772 data points
• Optional GPRS/DGPS connection