- To monitor the health of plant growth
Manage water responsibly and reduce operating expenses.
When precision irrigation decisions count, the FieldScout TDR Soili Moisture Meter Series offers growers a tool to eliminate the guesswork. Based on proven time-domain measurement technology, these portable units accurately measure soil moisture across the full range of soil moisture conditions. Select from the 1.5, 3, 4.8 or 8-inch (3.8, 7.5, 12 or 20-cm) probe rods to suit your desired depth measurement. Install PVC access tubes and take readings deeper in the soil profile for permanent crops like apple, grapes, and nut crops.
The TDR 300 has two volumetric water content modes; one for standard soils and one for higher clay soils. In volumetric water content (VWC) mode, the meter converts a measured electrical signal into percent soil moisture content using an equation valid over a wide range of mineral soils. In irrigation mode, the meter displays a relative water content (RWC) on a scale of 0 to 100 corresponding to a user-defined upper and lower soil moisture reference level. Water deficit, the amount of water needed to bring the soil moisture content up to the upper reference level, is also calculated and displayed. The reference levels are easily programmed into the meter with the accompanying software. Create up to 2 management sites based on your soil types and crop needs. Use the raw reading mode (measurement period in microseconds) to do soil-specific calibrations.
• Instantaneous readings of root zone soil moisture
• Connects to any GPS receiver with serial output**
• Equipped with internal data logger and RS-232 port
• Records 3,250 measurements (1,350 with added GPS/DGPS option)
• Configure and download meter with FieldScout software (included)*
• Compatible with SpecMaps online web-mapping application
• TDR 300 meter includes soft-sided carrying case (Item 6430CASE)
• Rods sold separately